04 October 2011

The Braithwaites

The recent gorgeous weather really got my ideas flowing for my 'small world' - that and the offer from a very dear friend to make something for the ever expanding village. I have asked if a war memorial could be created for my village and this will be done - and before Remembrance Sunday. What a 'Starr' she is. That will be marvelous and I can have the village paying their respects to the dead. 

Anyway back to the lovely weather . . . . sitting having a cup of tea with my graphic design friend the other afternoon she talked about her obsession with type and text, which is well known to me, and showed me the results of a recent photo shoot she had done. Some gorgeous images of the woodland at Rosliston and text and type on the tress and in the shrubbery. Very unusual, but subtle, sublime and beautifully photographed. Looking at these images an idea came to me for my little people.

I invented a family called the Braithwaites and decided that they would be receiving a letter from the taxman. 
The Braithwaites receive a letter from the Taxman
This is the first time I have used the little people and the buildings together properly. I can see where I want this project to go. However I am not in a rush to force the ideas. I would like them to evolve and emerge as and when they are ready. 

Keith takes a letter to the Post Office
Thank you to my inspirational friend - who never ceases to provide me with an idea or a different path to take or a cup of tea. It makes me realise how important it is to surround yourself with people who are one the same wavelength.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .