11 October 2011

PostModern

V&A exhibition on Postmodernism caught my eye - I have mentioned before that I fancied going. Not sure what to expect and was pleasantly surprised. At one point walking around it though I didn't really understand what I was looking at and then I got very melancholy as I was seeing things that I have at home presented and exhibited in a museum. But you do have to love Peter Saville and Barney Bubbles graphics.

I treated myself to a gift:



I forgot to take a notebook with me and you are certainly not allowed to take photographs in these special exhibitions so I wrote on the only thing I had available and that was the ticket stubs. In a way I believe I was being ironic and postmodern.





I will need to work out my little scribbling are saying and write them up. From memory they were pointers to artists, books, works of art, ideas for a fashion shoot based on an image by Cindy Sherman. This is what visiting an exhibition is all about - to get ideas, to seek inspiration and to get fired up to create more work.

Think it worked.



. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .