28 September 2012

tut tut tut

Such a long time since I have been on here. You'll be glad to hear that it is because I have been busy. Since being distinguished with my Degree the business has gone from strength to strength. I had the most fabulous August and if I can maintain work to those levels then my future is secured.

The exhibitions - at the Making House and the Melbourne Arts Trail - went very well. Learnt so much from putting up an exhibition. They are exhausting, great fun, challenging and rewarding all at once. It is good to get your work out there in front of people and it is an excellent way to gauge how well your work goes down by speaking to people that see it for the first time. Will definitely be doing the Melbourne Arts Trail next year. Next exhibition is PINT Arts Festival, Burton - which I shall blog about separately.

Have helped set up Outline - a network group for creative people in and around East Staffordshire. The second meeting was held last week and it goes from strength to strength. Finding fellow creative people makes life so much easier and we can all help each other out - which is marvelous.

Have enjoyed my new iPhone and challenging myself to capture an image, and post it using Instagram, every day. This can be rewarding and frustrating in equal measure. I shall blog about the  challenge soon and have an idea of showing each months all together to see what emerges. To this end I ensured that September was all one theme - seahorses. This was frustrating because by focussing on one thing I was missing other opportunities, so in October I will amend my challenge.

Great to see friends being rewarded with awards, receiving commissions, getting their dream job, and finding love - oh hang on that's all me. But seriously it is great to see my friends developing and continuing with their love and passion for photography and all things creative.

Photography gang on tour - St Andrews, Sept 12 - shooting every angle


- - - - - - - - o 0 o - - - - - - - -