15 October 2010

What next?

Consideration with all images taken should always be towards what is going to happen to them once they are home and on the computer.

If the images have been taken for a specific brief for a client then the answer is obvious. But I always find that I also take photographs for me even when out on a commission.

Images will always have multi-purposes and some are going to be useful for selling on in many different ways. In the case of a set of images these could be turned into a postcard. Some might work well as a greeting card. Others might be turned into prints mounted and frames or canvasses. This is what I have been able to do with my favourite abstract images - in particular the blue bottles:


After the very weird snow fall we had one very quiet and still night in April 2008 I went out out take photographs around the village. I am now being asked to think about a community/village Christmas card for the Post Office and also for Ashby Woulds Town Council. I have created a couple of sheets with my preferred images on and I shall leave it for the Post Office Mistress and the Town Clerk to let me know which they prefer.




I may even be able to make some money, fingers crossed.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -