04 November 2010

Dan Stier

Guest Lecturer on Wednesday was Dan Stier. I thoroughly enjoyed this lecture and it helped me put more pieces of the jigsaw together.

His collections of work are sublime. His website is in Helvetica. He is amusing - what's not to like.

Chris and Richard deciding who is going to introduce Dan.

Dan about to use the newly installed lectern.

My notes from Dan's lecture:

Dan was quite nervous - he said it was the first time he had given a talk about his work. It didn't help that we always video talks from guest lecturers. I saw him looking at the video camera a few times.

Good lecture though and I might get in touch with him.

Update:
Emailed Dan to say thank you for his lecture and to ask if he was interested in being my mentor. He very graciously declined as he is going to be very busy over the next year. I thanked him for getting back to me so promptly and totally understand. My hunt for a mentor continues.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -