03 December 2011

Retail

Very excited.
My work is available for sale in a local shop in Ashby de la Zouch on The Green (opposite the Bowling Green pub).

Locally Green is a new venture offering a retail outlet for local artists. It occupies the shop that was formally called Fair 2 All on North Street.

I took some of my mounted prints, canvasses and greetings cards in for them to display for sale. So why am I excited? Well 3rd December is the Ashby Christmas Fair and the whole of Market Street is closed and everyone is in festive holiday mood looking for unique and interesting gifts.

I have been to collect new prints, canvas and frames. These will be hung in my new dining gallery room. I'm rolling up my sleeves and getting my masking tape out.

Hre they are up on the dining gallery wall.

Pic to follow

Reflection:
Will pop into the shop on Monday to see how things are going and also see if there are things I need to do to my products to ensure they are doing their best to get sold. I am slightly concerned that I did not wrap them all on cellophane to protect them and I think I need to write on the back of the mounted print where a place is if it is a photograph of a place or event.

Fabulous.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .