22 November 2010

theprintspace

Trip to London to have a look around The Print Space on Kingsland Road E2.

The Print Space team

What an overwhelming variety of papers, finishes, mounts, ideas and inspiration David introduced us to. My head nearly exploded. I was very impressed with the matt papers with black and white images on them, particularly portraits. The blacks are so deep that you feel you could fall into them. Black and white images on the metallic paper were lifted into another world. All I need now is some stunning black and white images. The variety of mounts was incredibly interesting and will be useful when it comes to preparing work for exhibiting. 

I had taken my memory stick with 9 images on and got them all printed on C-type Fuji Matt 12"x16" paper. These will go into my portfolio. 

Also it was lovely to find time to meet up with a very dear old friend. But just an hour is never long enough.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -