24 April 2011

Jill Cole

I realised this morning that I had not put a note on my blog about a talk given by Jill Cole. Here are my notes:

After her talk I asked:
"Do the Army vet the images you have taken on the firing range before you exhibit them - or do they trust you?"

She replied:
"I started by showing them but they trust me now. I have to ring the day I want to go - this is to make sure where I am going there is no firing taking place."

Birds
Her words of wisdom were that small things in a local area can have a bigger message. This reinforces the message that I took from the talk with Ian Beesley in that all you need to photograph can be found within one mile of your front door. Add these two together and you have a winner.

I am pleased to learn that I will be working with Jill on the National Forest Photo-Canopy brief as she is the first Artist in Residence for this. I am looking forward to this very much.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~