27 September 2010

Typography

First part of the Understanding Media module is to look at, research and discuss typography. The grande finale is to create my own typeface and create a words(s) using it.

My initial thought was to use cheesey wotsits to create a word or saying. I have only 3 weeks to do this and I appreciate it is all about getting us into the swing of producing work for the course. I am therefore not too worried about the finer details because if I get something wrong I will be guided in the correct direction.

My next thoughts were to find my sketchbook from my FMP - it seems to have gone missing. Chris is asking around to see if it has been misplaced. I also need to dig out one of my helvetica books out that I had published as I have done quite a bit of this work already - particularly discussing the why's, where's and how's of typography and in particular - helvetica. I have an understanding and appreciation of typography and so I will find this fun - I am looking forward to creating my own typeface. 

There are some very interesting example of typefaces that people have created. As my research progresses I shall add more to this label (media - typography).


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -