04 October 2010

Stressing

Worried:

  1. about how to pull together the information/research for these assignments. 
  2. about how to do the referencing. 
  3. about the reflective journal being too much like a diary.


OK - first...
... stop worrying. 
At this stage of the course I can make mistakes - I can make mistakes and I can be guided to make them right for future work.

Tried to work through my worries:

  1. I spent half an hour having a look through some completed by students currently on Year 2 of the FD course. This really helped and showed me that what I need to be doing is pretty much how I completed work for assignments previously. 
  2. Referencing - at this stage I need to note all the books I use as research and keep a record of those and show on the page I am quoting things from them. If they are not recorded correctly ie in the Harvard referencing style then someone will help and point me in the right direction.
  3. I will only find out if the reflective journal/blog is correct by doing it, comparing my work to other blogs and receiving feedback.


Big lesson learnt today is to stop worrying and just get on with the work and enjoy it.


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -