15 October 2010

Film

The film has been picked up and first glance the images look blooming gorgeous.

They are in focus and they are nicely exposed - what more could a girl ask for. To ensure I got the correct exposure I did make use of my light metre which I have been given as a birthday present. I knew I would not be making much use of it until I got my hands on a medium format camera again. I also double checked the reading from the light metre with a reading from my digital camera (set to Auto) so that I had 2 readings from which to make a decision. The FujiChrome film was out of date but I cannot see any tint or cast on the transparencies. I know that the College shop has quite a few of these out of date films left so I might just pop along and buy a lot more as they are good and will be slightly cheaper.

I have crudely scanned them in on equipment I have at home still in their protective sleeve and without removing dust off the scanner. The resulting poor quality is because of the way I have captured them to show here rather than the quality of the transparency.




I now need to get them scanned in properly. My scanner will only scan 35mm negatives so I will need to make use of equipment at Uni as that can scan medium format negs/transparencies.

I would like to go back with the mamiya and move further back from the building. I want to replicate a found image I have been given that shows the building from the other side of the road and the railings are prominent.




- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -