12 October 2010

Book - deadline

Today is my self-imposed deadline for sending off the book so that it stands a chance of being delivered in time to be shown to Ed Swinden when he gives his lecture on 20th October.

My day did not go well: Firstly ... a hose on my car leaked and caused steam to billow out from under my bonnet. Fortunately it is still under warranty and the garage is based in Burton - so 4 hours later it was all fixed and sorted. Secondly ... I forgot to pick up my memory sticks containing all the images and information for the book. I would not have been able to complete the page layouts for the book had I stayed at Uni.

I was beginning to think I would have been better off staying in bed. However once I got home I achieved an awful lot. Thankfully I had access to all my photographs and was able to amend them to properly fit the page layouts in Snapfish.


I am very happy with the book and the layout. I ordered the book and delivery should be in 6-10 days - fingers crossed for 6.

Lesson learned:
What might appear to be the start of a really horrid day can actually end up being very productive and entirely satisfactory. The lesson should be - to never panic.
I also need to make sure everything is ready to go when I go to bed. I clearly do not think things through properly as I leave the house in the morning.






What a shame 
The day of Ed coming to see us has dawned and yet the book has still not arrived. Snapfish sent me an email saying it would be delivered on 19th Oct. I waited till 10.30am on 20th before going into Uni but my postie did not arrive. Grrr. What a shame. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -