12 October 2010

Book Layouts

I have decided that the book I create for this assignment will not be the finished book I present to my client. I need to return to take more photographs (which has been planned for this Thursday) plus they have found more items and information for me that I would like to add to the book. This means that I will create the final book for the client in a different way to the way I will create the book for my assignment. I believe that I have images that capture the essence of the building.

I will be using Blurb to create my finished book but for the assignment I decided to use Snapfish as I like the way you can change the page layouts for individual pages - plus it gave me some fabulous ideas on what layouts would work and also which clearly would not. 

The was a good example of what does not work - I need to carefully choose the images and edit them so that they sit within the book creating software and show all the details within the image and not produce weird crops like these.

I created the front cover for the book to fit the proposed book that I will create on Blurb - however the snapfish software cropped my image and I therefore lost the words.

I liked the idea of grouping images together. These for example are all images that are connected with the front door of the building.

Again the software was showing my some excellent ways to group the images and also that I can add a little text if necessary.

This is over the top but I can see that grouping together the images of the ornate cornices and the iconic gasolier is a good idea.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -