09 December 2010

Crit and Feedback

I was undecided about which image to use as my final choice to show to Joe Cornish. I was still struggling with whether to print black and white or colour.

I decided on colour. I decided that the landscape soldiers image was not good enough and chose to process the portrait one.

Joe spent the whole afternoon with us - and after chatting to us about his camera and his work and putting up with posing for photographs for Burton Mail and the Burton College website - he reviewed the work we had prepared for him.

His feedback is shown under each image:

"This image makes the hairs on my arms stand up.
It should be on the front cover of a newspaper or magazine.
It is perfect."


"This is an intriguing image but does not work as well on its own as the other does.
It needs some words to go with it.
I want to know what they are all straining to look at."



I was stunned with his feedback. This was a wonderful thing to say to me. I was humbled. The image is now in my portfolio.

I know that most people I have shown this image to think it is lovely. I have yet to convince Chris - he does not think it was the correct one to show. I would like to catch up with about this and to see what his thoughts are. 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -