12 June 2011

Mid-Summer (almost) Sunrise

It's almost mid-summer. I have never before been awake this early and opened the blind. The sun rises in a whole new part of the sky. Decided to capture it on my FujiFilm JZ.


I know my windows are a bit dusty filthy after the rain yesterday

Whilst doing that I noticed an odd mark has appeared on the screen on the back of the camera. This remains visible even when the camera is switched off, which sounds ridiculous. See if I can find a way to show you.


The black blob on the left and the horizontal line coming from it
should not be there

I think the camera and I need to take a trip back to Jessops. That does not look nice. It does not affect the final image as you can see on the sunrise shot - but this is not good. I shall dig out the receipt.

The other interesting thing to notice when looking at these two images is the difference in the size of the sensors. The top one and more square sensor shape is the Fuji 1:2.3 size and lower one is the Canon DSLR in the traditional 4:3 size. I know and understand the reason for the difference but never really consider it except when processing images after a shot - but this side by side comparison really brings it home.



~~~~~~ <> ~~~~ <> ~~~~~~