09 May 2012

The End is Nigh

Very soon I will no longer have to go into College. No longer will I have to sit in the cafe or gallery space and overhear conversations of children.

They know everything, but really they know nothing. They think they are grown up, but still snort like a child at something risqué. They have no manners, no sense of style and no grace.

I hope they are learning, but most of them talk about how they haven't done work. This seems to be greated by the rest of the group like a badge of honour. I hope they succeed. I hope they get through this awkward phase to become brilliant adults. I hope they get jobs but most of all - I hope they grow up.

However, this all leads me to the conclusion that what I am most grateful for, apart from a happy, content and peaceful life, is that I never had children. Don't get me wrong - I do like children - what I am saying is that I'm glad I don't have my own.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .