30 September 2011

Gotta dig that archaeology

Today I've done something I've never done before. Been on a archaeology dig. Unfortunately I cannot show you any images until it has gone through planning and decisions about whether to do a full dig is confirmed. But it was all jolly exciting. Not only did I learn about archaeology (the hardest part is spelling it) but also about filming. Ashby Museum not only asked me to attend but also a film maker friend. A short film has been created with interviews with the dig team, shots of the archaeology uncovered, people speaking to camera and shots of the inside of the church.

It was great chatting to a fellow camera geek and comparing stories and ideas. We have agreed to work together in the future and swapped business cards.

When the embargo has been lifted I will post some images but in the meantime think 'time team' (but without the silly running out of time stuff) with a dash of Indiana Jones - and you wont be far wrong.



 
Love my life.

. . . . . . . . . . . . .