10 December 2011

Erik Knudsen

Well our first guest lecturer of the year - a long time to wait but I hear there are many more booked for the new year - which will be fantastic.

Erik has been about to visit for the past year and finally he arrived. In doing my research before he arrived I discovered that he would either be a white teenage actor from Canada or a black 40 something film making Salford professor. My money was on the second.

Here are my notes from the talk:




Films he showed clips from: One Day Tafo - his first feature length film. Vainilla Chip (2009) - which was very moving.
... _ ...

Reflection:
I find the visiting lecturers very stimulating - even when it is not a subject area I am familiar with. I think this is because they are passionate people, clever, talented and gifted. I always feel motivated after a lecture and they get my ideas flowing. Erik was full of words of wisdom and routes to be creative by. I scribbled an idea for a portrait shot, which I will try out soon.
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .