19 June 2012

My Photograph in the Times

... the Ashby Times.

This does not detract from the immense pleasure it gives me to see my images in print. And on top of that to receive a credit for the image.

Ashby Times - 15th June 2012

For once my love of using the AV setting whilst using flash worked out for the best possible shot. It meant that the people who were sitting still (mostly) were captured good and sharp; and the flags, which I asked to be waved vigorously, were blurry - capturing perfectly the movement, excitement and jubilation.

(sorry)

It also taught me that when I have seen the shot in my head I should not be afraid to ask people to stand where I want and do what I ask of them. As a rule they are generally obliging. This was a great start to Sue's year as Mayor and I hope this image takes pride of place in her Mayoral scrapbook.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .