19 June 2012

Burton Town Hall Exhibition

My degree show exhibition opening night was last night and thought I would quickly share with you some of the evening.

My images went up after being carefully delivered by a team of helpful, strong friends.

The floating frame look tremendous and they are jolly heavy
The large A1 image in the middle is jolly heavy and as you can see it has 4 mirror plates holding it to the boards (and one at the bottom for extra stability). They look wonderful and my thanks go to Hayman Graphics for producing such excellent products for me once again.

My images, my products and my banner - but not my disabled loo
Decided that, along with my images for the opening night, I should also show off the products I have created that compliment this project - postcards, notelet packs and greetings cards. To get across that I am serious about my photography business I displayed my banner highlighting my services and some of my work.

I also need to share the excellent work produced by my fellow graduates:

Awesome piece of work produced by Stephanie Gilbert about St George's Park. It is 3m wide

Steph Butt's instagram project about train journey's

Kerry Baxter's beautiful portraits of the excellent staff at Burton NHS

Graham Silcock's subtle Eden Project work

Kelly Freeman's very amusing study looking at the past and the present gets the finishing touches
It has been a pleasure and a privilege to work with these people and I hope that we remain in touch. To this end we have organised to exhibit at the Melbourne Arts Trail 15th and 16th September and last night we were offered space at Sharpe's Pottery in 2013. I will keep you all informed and invites will be winging your way.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .