11 November 2010

Fashion Shoot

Had a lot of fun photographing a variety of outdoor, sporting and leisure wear at Branston Water Park and Barton Marina yesterday.

We worked in a team and as a team - each contributing to every aspect of what we needed to do: choosing location, positioning model, dressing model, best way to show off clothes, use of lighting, use of camera.

Here's the team work:












I am very quickly discovering that the professional practice days, whilst they are very entertaining and excellent days to learn new techniques, are not teaching me anything about running a photography business that I did not already know. I believe that if I was in my early 20s then this would be invaluable and I would appreciate being able to make mistakes and learn from those mistakes in a safe environment where people will help you out. However I think I already have these skills.

In the future I will slightly refocus how I make use of these sessions so that I get the most out of them for me. I do thoroughly enjoy them.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -


These are some of my favourite shots of the clothes from the day: