13 June 2011

Women In Business Network

I attended the launch meeting of the WIBN Burton last Thursday at Dovecliff Hall Hotel. I enjoy networking and it gives me the chance to refine my offer and think about the type of work I want to do. I made it very clear that "I don't do weddings" this is becoming a bit of a USP for me - it also made a room full of women laugh.

I used my iPad to scroll through some images whilst I gave my 60 second piece about who I am, what I do, and what business I am looking for. I got some really interesting feedback about my images. There was also a lot of interest about my offering 1-2-1 training and before I left the meeting I had two people asking for more information.

I have decided to join WIBN. They meet monthly and there is very little overlap with the local network I belong to.

Dovecliff is in a beautiful setting and I have been a few times back in my former career as Tourism Manager and East Staffs BC was hosted a meeting there. I am looking forward to taking shots of the hotel/grounds as the year progresses.

Rebecca, who runs the WIBN meeting, asked me to take some shots at the launch meeting which will go onto the website at some point. In the meantime here are a couple of my favourites from the event:


~~~~~~ <> ~~~~ <> ~~~~~~