20 November 2011

Dining/Gallery

My dining room shall have a dual purpose when it is finally finished. Walls and ceiling now done, carpet laying last thing to do.

Once completed my plan is to use the wall space to showcase my work. Clients do occasionally call round and they will be able to see it up on the walls rather than the usual glimpse they have on my iPad.

Knowing I had planned this for the room I have ensured it is painted in plain light colours so that the work becomes the feature. No feature wallpaper for me. (A current trend I do not subscribe to).

The biggest piece will always hang above my gorgeous black and silver fireplace and I need to make sure I do not cover all the wall space with shelving units or book cases. It is going to be a challenge but one I will certainly enjoy.

Now I need to think about lighting and the windows. I have enough choices with lamps and spot lights to show off any work. But the windows are a different matter altogether. My curtains did not survive the wash I gave them. A whole new approach might be needed. I'm thinking black out blinds. This will also mean the images don't get direct sunlight on them. Win-Win.

Pics will follow when it's all complete. In the meantime here's one I prepared earlier...

As it all comes together it will look great ... or is that grate!

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .