20 February 2012

Ball and Chain

I have been trying to work out a way to attach my business card to a CD/DVD in a wallet or a memory stick. I have had some small business cards created which say 'Your images from ...' with my details on the back. Currently I have been attaching the card by string - which looks quaint but in my opinion looks untidy.

I love the ball and chain cords that you normally see on blinds and I know you can get them smaller as I have seen them used to attach tags and instructions onto products.

I finally found a company that supplies what I want (Sturge) and they can supply ready-made or the component parts for me to construct myself. Unfortunately I have been unable to work out exactly what it is I want from their long list of options. Today I received a product which had a ball and chain attaching a tag to the packaging in exactly the size I want - RESULT. Now I have something I can photograph and send to the Sturge for them to give me a quote on.

Brilliant.

This is how I want it all to work

Fingers crossed that the prices add up and I can purchase these. I can see so many uses. Not only are fingers crossed but they are tingling too.

Update:
Minimum order is 10,000 units or 500 metres. I think that is rather too much for my requirements. I shall pursue the ideas passed to me the other day by helpful and resourceful friends.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .