06 August 2012

Poor, Proud and Pretty

Went to see an exhibition of my friends work on Friday at the Venture Theatre, Ashby de la Zouch.

Chris Mear was exhibiting his work for Disintegrating Histories and the work he did whilst volunteering in Tanzania. He had a unique way of hanging his work - which I think worked really well and got around the issue of him not being allowed to hammer and drill into the wall at the Venture Theatre. All items were on sale and in particular the limited print run of the books he has created for each of these pieces of work.



Click on the link to go to poor, proud and pretty website to buy your own copy.

I love Chris's work and in the new work for disintegrating histories I am seeing his work develop with subtlety and his subjects clearly love having him around.

Exhibiting with Chris was Kate Doyle - showing her work 'Man in a Wood'. It was good to see all of the images from this piece of work together at last. I also loved Kate's unique way of showing her work bearing in mind the constraints imposed by the venue about attaching items to the walls.

Well done to you both and I hope you manage to get it on tour and I will be along to see it again if you do.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .