11 January 2013

Ashby Castle WI

Back in November I was asked if I fancied giving a talk about photography to the newly formed Ashby Castle WI group in early January. I immediately said yes.
 
What fun.
 
I decided to talk about photo restorations, memory books, how I came to be a photographer and the sort of services I offer.

When I was informed I would have 45 minutes I was a little daunted to say the least. I am used to giving 10 minute presentations, but I thought 'well this'll be a good chance to go a little more in depth rather than just skimming across a subject'.

Over Christmas I was to be found with scissors, pritt stick and my trusty old laptop - so ancient it sounds like a bread maker (and isn't much smaller!) Within 3 days I had pulled together an interesting talk - it had something for everyone, including a little 28 second time-lapse movie.

I arrived an hour early for my talk, which I am so grateful for because the old bread maker would not work with the brand spanking new HD TV I was to be using to show presentation. A quick swapping of laptops and all was ready. Even though I had the start of a horrid cold and my voice was tremendously croaky I managed to talk my way through my 60 odd slides and open up the floor to an interesting debate about photography and photoshop.

I came away having made some sales of my greetings cards - the 'busy bee' image being the best seller - once again; sale of an A1 sized canvas and requests for 121 training. And who knows what other business might crop up from giving the talk.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .