04 October 2011

Greyhounds

What an amazing evening. Long, long discussions about Swarkestone Bridge, independent breweries and the old railway line that runs from Burton to Leicester - but also some greyhound racing to watch. I have never been to the course in Nottingham before - it was an experience. I was not able to photograph any of the dogs. 

The people that enjoyed the evening most were the bookmakers - well they got all my money - and two very amusing dogs that really messed up the last but one race. The two dogs were leading into the home straight and as they approached the finish line they started to play and the dog in third place came running through to win the race. It turned out that the two dogs were kennel mates and when they spotted each other the instinct to have fun overcame them. There were groans and laughter all around the course. Guess it depended which dog your money was one.

I decided not to partake of this offer

Incorrect choices
I think I will stick to the horses - I understand them must better - Uttoxeter here I come. There are fewer photography restrictions at horse races so I will be able to capture images there 

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .