30 January 2013

Days like this

Being ill through December really did not help this self-employed one-man-band. All my energies were focused on getting better and trying not to be sick rather than talking to my clients and organising work for January. As a result January has been quite quiet. This has given me the chance to resolve my backing-up issues and to clean the office. I've even found things I thought I had lost but during this time my camera has remained in its bag and the car parked on the drive.
 
However my hard work through early January, as I got better, has begun to bear fruit. A trip to my mentor last week to go through my ideas for the way forward for the business was very interesting and motivating and I now have a plan which is beginning to fall into place.
 
I am going to be rethinking my 60 second pitch that I give at network meetings and have been practising that on the cat over the last week. I now think I am ready to go and try it out on other people - which is good as next week I have three network meetings.
 
I have discovered a new way of networking called 'Netwalking' - fab way to network by going out for an hour and half walk and spending 5/10 mins with each person so you can talk about your business and see if there are ways you can find referrals or work collaboratively. If you want to find out if there is one near you have a look on Skylark Activities website for details. Yesterdays' netwalk was around Moira Furnace, Donisthorpe, Conkers using the Ashby Woulds Heritage Trail.
 
The snow had thawed, which meant a muddy walk,
but that did not dampen our enthusiasm
 
 
I really enjoyed it and made a very good contact. I am hooked so I am going to the Bradgate Park netwalk - my old stomping ground - that should be interesting, old memories will flood back.
 
Also during this quiet time I have been investigating social media and seeing how I currently make use of that. Not efficiently I know. I still need a little bit of training/practical help and that is in the diary for week after next.


. . . . . . . . . . o 0 o . . . . . . . . . . .